OTHS show choir has been in
existence since the early 1960s. These extracurricular choirs serve as representatives for a large choral program at O’Fallon Township High School. It is the goal of both show choirs to
provide the highest quality of vocal music education and dance experience for its members, and to provide each student with a dedicated and cooperative learning environment. Great
Expectations show choir compete in the Spring, both locally and nationally, and consistently win awards and recognition in the process.
We will need a crew of 3-4 adults that will plan on being at Show Choir
Competitions that are will to help set up and tear down the backdrop & set pieces at competition. We literally only have a few minutes to get it up and to get it down, or the students will have
points taken off the performance score.You will still be able to watch your student perform if you help out with this task.
We will need chaperones to travel with the choirs to all competitions.
Please email OCRA203@gmail.com if you are interested in helping out with a particular date(s). Note: All Chaperones must go to either the Milburn or Smiley security desk and have their Driver's
License scanned in order to travel with the students.
As we begin our travel season, we recommend that you register for Remind
101. Mrs. Nordin & Mrs. Keller utilize this application to send out text messages in mass regarding important choir information, including notifying parents of our ETA returning from
- We recommend girls have at least 3 pairs of false eyelashes, which are required for competition days.
- If you are having trouble with the bottoms of character shoes being slick, consider purchasing gator tape. A small strip on the bottom of your shoe will help
- How To videos have been posted on the Facebook pages for both groups to help the girls with getting an authentic 1940's inspiring style.
- If you have not been to a competition before, the days are very long. Snacks and drinks are permitted on the bus, but often not allowed in the school.
Competitions do offer a variety of food choices that can be purchased. Pillows, blankets, etc. are also permitted on the bus, but students are responsible for keeping track of and transporting all of